Tuesday 4 August 2009

Timeless Treasures

Happy Hour! That's what I spent yesterday morning at Timeless Treasures, one very happy hour. I could have spent one whole happy day there, but an hour will keep me daydreaming until my next visit, which I think will be as soon as later this week to get a gift for a friend. One of the first things you'll notice about Timeless Treasures is the prominence of letters, lots and lots of amazing, unique, colorful letters! Are you a "P" or maybe a "C"? No matter what your initial or word you might want to collect, Joan, the owner of this great shop, will help you find just the right letters from her extensive collection. In your hunt for letters, you're likely to stumble upon just the right accessory for your home--maybe a cute aqua painted side table, or a shabby white chandler; maybe a vintage book to add to your collection, or a sweet lamp for your dressing table; maybe a book on tea celebrations, or a great piece of jewelry for yourself. If you're feeling Frenchy, as I often am ("F" is for France!), Joan, an admitted Francophile, carries a number of French treasures: books on French decorating, beautiful handmade jewelry from France, antique French keys, and flea market finds from her trips to France (she'll be making another trip soon). And if you like to keep your support local, you'll be happy with her selection of handmade jewelry from a number of San Francisco designers. Enough talk. Lets go shopping . . .















Joan sent me on my way with some Timeless Treasures of my own--my first collection of "L"s. I'm so excited about them! Now I want to get more letters to spell my name. I might be starting a new collecting hobby soon. How about you? I bet you're game for some alphabet soup today to tide you over.

Timeless Treasures
2176 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 775-8366
Monday - Saturday 11 - 6

9 comments:

Artemis Russell said...

Wow, what a great shop! and the photos are lovely!

caroline said...

that looks fun, and dangerous. i want to go.

Wondering Helen said...

Oh, wow, I'm seriously aching to go there after seeing these photos. What a fabulous collector, Joan is! Until I make it to SF, I'll just have to scroll through these photos again and again.

nath said...

oh yeah! that looks like one very happy hour indeed! i love all those letters. i think i'm going to go back and look at all those lovely things again...

Anonymous said...

I would not consider a trip to San Francisco complete without a visit with Joan and time to enjoy her ever changing shop of goodies! There are new and wonderful things all the time...one trip is only the beginning of a tradition!

Thrifted Treasure said...

I HAVE to go to that shop if we go to San Francisco again, I think I'd need more than an hour!

littlebyrd said...

Add this to my list of places I want to go :)

Lynne said...

Love that shop - it looks right up my street. Love the paper on the soap!

lauren said...

ahhh that "French Home" book, well, over a month ago I was at the bookstore and well, I could not resist buying it!