Tuesday 22 June 2010

Paris Girl's Weekend, Part 2

Whew, we had a great time in Paris, but we're glad to be back home in London now. We wore ourselves out. Mostly we're tired from all the walking, but all that eye candy that is everything Paris just wears a girl out! Saturday and Sunday included going to Pierre Herme for sweet treats, checking out some modern art at the Pompidou, sitting in cafes, sipping wine, walking up St. Germain, all around the nooks and crannys of the 5th arrondissement, walking through the Marais, all along the Seine, walking around Ile Saint-Louis (the little island between the right and left banks of Paris), admiring Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe. Like I said, whew! We need a vacation from our vacation, but we don't have time for that. We're back on the London sightseeing trail until Saturday, when Caroline flies home. Go check out her blog to see pictures of Pairs from her perspective (some of our pictures are pretty much the same!).

Outside the Pompidou, Scandinavian design exhibit, and the view outside the Pompidou, with the Eiffel Tower in the background.
Wine and cafe umbrellas. 


Great pastry shop, Stohrer.

Luxembourg Palace (forgot to mention we went to Luxembourg Gardens too).

The stairway in our apartment building. 
Cute heart-shaped sugar cubes in our apartment. 

Ile Saint-Louis walk.
Notre Dame. 
Louvre and Eiffel Tower view. 
Arc de Triomphe. 
Cafe break. 
I'll always have an Eiffel Tower view beside my bed. Goodbye, Paris! Hope to see you again sooner than later. 
I used my iPhone for all of these pictures, with the camerabag app. Same with my previous post. Love camerabag!

8 comments:

Carys said...

These pictures are amazing, looks like you had such a great time! I'm going to Paris too in the summer, after reading your post I just can't wait!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Kayla Gregory said...

Very, very jealous! BTW the photo of the Louvre with the Eiffel Tower in the background is georgeous x

Erin said...

This post is oozing Paris! I recently checked out a children's book from the library for my 2 year old that tells all about places to see and things to do in Paris. It lists several of the places you visited and it just makes me smile. My son is always asking in the car if we are going to Paris and then he proceeds to tell me all the things we can do when we get there. Someday...

Charlotte said...

Ooh I'm so jealous - I am a total Francophile!

These pics look great - they have a real nostalgic feel.

Blue Skies
Charlotte xx

http://housewife-chic.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

love paris with a galfriend...the last being my best from sydney and the girl the time before that being my biigest girl for her 11th bday...you can never have enough girl time in paris....your photos are totally gorgeous!!!!! enjoy siteseeing her around london...
melissa ...

caroline said...

i'll never forget it! xx

Kim said...

lOVE THOSE HEAVY HEAVY CLOUDS!
aLSO lOVE THOSe LITTLe HanDS TRYinG TO PRy THE sLIPPeRS OFF! sHE IS soo CutE

Pergolina said...

love the heart shaped sugar cubes... what a treat.
xo
bianca from pergolina
http://pergolina.blospot.com