Sunday 28 August 2011

What a Doll!

I've been meaning to make Lois a doll, for about, oh, 3 years now so I'm always noticing cute dolls for ideas. Some dolls I especially love are Alicia Paulson's dolls, Jess Brown's dolls, and Emily Martin's dolls. I also like the fairly simple dolls in the Martha Stewart craft book (and online here). I was back to thinking about dolls recently, so I thought I'd take a peek at Emily Martin's dolls again. I remembered she made them on the Martha Stewart show, so I wanted to re-watch the video. But once I went to her blog, I saw these two ADORABLE dress up dolls, which I had not seen before.
The kitting kitty and the Pretend Bear Doll. Seriously?!! For the kitty, that wee skein of yarn and needles, the little purse, coat... for the bear, the mask, little bandit eyes, the cape, and the cute shoes on their itsy bitsy feet! These two take the cake now for favorite dolls. Emily Martin is so talented and just adorable herself. I just love her vintage blog
Photos by Emily Martin, from her blog. 


2 comments:

Carys said...

These are soooo cute!! I really want to make a doll now!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Emily said...

Cutest dolls ever!!