Saturday 29 September 2012

Sweet Cakes

I'm still loving the recipes in La Tartine Gourmande, especially the baked goods lately. I think I've mentioned that gluten aggravates the hubbers' acid reflux, so we try to go gluten free with most recipes. The baked recipes in La Tartine Gourmande all gluten free (I think so anyway), and delicious! I haven't found a few of the flours she uses in some of the recipes (amaranth and millet flour), though I could probably find them online. I've substituted a bit of something else, another alternative flour, depending on the recipe. My most recent favorite recipe is the lemongrass-blackberry tea cakes. These are so moist and flavorful! I've made them twice. The lemongrass is a great complement to the blackberries. If you make them, do be sure to chop the lemongrass very fine--nobody wants stringy lemongrass in their tea cake. She uses brioche molds for the recipe, but I didn't have those but found some cute flower molds at a gift shop near our house. These are so easy to make, and with a cute mold like that, it looks like a lot of work went into them, but no, they were a snap.
See for yourself. Get the cookbook! If you want to try a few of her recipes first before buying the cookbook, she has tons on her blog.

4 comments:

Rachelle Blondel said...

love the floral delights...rx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
San Diego Homes said...

Wow, the cakes for sure seem to be tasty.... Yuum Yuum

marilu said...

absolutely beautiful photos! I love the white plate: it looks like a flower on a flower.