Sunday 4 November 2012

Festive Eats

I love Halloween, but it's not that big of a deal here in the UK compared to the US. But we still celebrated and had a lot of fun. Lois dressed up as a witch and we went to a small Halloween party and did some trick-or-treating. We also made some festive food. One of my pin boards is "recipes and pretty food." Mostly I've just pinned those because they're mouth-watering eye candy. But sometimes I actually make the recipes I pin. Two that we tried were pumpkin spice pancakes, which I read about on Alicia Paulson's beautiful blog, and then some gingersnaps. I have some cute cookie cutters in the shape of cats, owls, and bats, which I tried to use for the pancakes, which was, er... a bad idea. Didn't work. They actually didn't work well for the gingersnaps either, so I went with round snaps.
Both the pancakes and the gingersnaps were delicious! Though Halloween is over, with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, I thought it would be worthwhile sharing these. You can find the recipes through the links above. (The pretty plate is from Anthropologie.)

No comments: