Friday 19 December 2014

Melanie Barnes for 91 Magazine

A few months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Melanie Barnes of the beautiful blog Geoffrey and Grace when I went to shoot her cozy house and cute makery beach hut in Worthing for 91 Magazine. In addition to being a busy mom, Melanie is also a talented crafter who sews children's clothes and accessories from vintage fabrics. She also runs a shop with two other talented crafters out of their beach hut studio / shop named Margot.
The feature is on how home and work life influence and inspire each other and it's just one of the many features that make up the current beautiful issue of 91 Magazine. Head there to read the article and learn more about Melanie and Margot. Below are a few photos that didn't make it into the article to give you an idea of Melanie's homesupun vintage style.
And a few from the very adorable beach hut, Margot, that aren't in the feature. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was such a pleasure to have you come to the house and Margot to take photos. Thank you for such a great piece. X

mollymell said...

Hello Leigh, still in America? What a traveller you are. Next time please come to New England, I would love you take pics of my home, too, you have a 'good eye' to capture "little details" (details are always little, right?, sorry for my humble English) that make a difference in a home. I've been planning to take some pics of my home but...
ps.: I loved to see old Agatha Christie's books, she was my favorite author when I was a teenager, I believe I read all of her books :))

Leigh said...

Hi Gigi, Yes we are back home now! I'll get in touch when we get to New England. I'd love to go there. xo Leigh