Thursday 20 August 2015

Summer Days

Ah, I wouldn't mind having that view again today! Beautiful blue water, warm breeze, sunshine, sand... all with family. We're back in London and have been for almost two weeks now. Alas, it seems like so long ago that we were in the US at the beach! We had a great time though, and I'm grateful we get to go home every summer for a few weeks and see our families and try to make the most of our time. We went to Cape San Blas in Florida, which was perfect. It's a bit remote compared to other summer beach cities in Florida, so it wasn't packed with people, which made being there all the more relaxing. Our girls had a great time with their cousins--lots of time body boarding in the ocean, swimming in the pool, games on the beach. We also drove to North Carolina to go to Asheville, a city we like a lot, and then up to Baltimore to see more family.

I have lots of photos from our trip in my instagram. (Scroll down a few pages of my instagram to see those.) I've posted a few here, but is that silly, to re-post what's already in my instagram? I do that often, I realize, but now I'm trying to decide how to handle that aspect of documenting my life. I love instagram, but then just re-posting what's there onto my blog is redundant, don't you think? Then again, I want to share things that I did where I've only taken instagram photos of whatever that experience was. Does anyone else have this dilemma? Maybe I should leave my personal life to instagram and less personal things with photos using our nice Canon to the blog? Obviously not a major issue in life to sort that one! My head is a bit of a cluster swirling with so many things like this and much more, like events to promote my book, patterns waiting to meet the scissors on my sewing table, books I want to read (finished The Goldfinch and reading The Girl on the Train now), recipes I want to cook, ideas for making Christmas gifts (doesn't it always sneak up so fast?), some holiday planning... And it goes on. But it's nice to remember simply enjoying the moment, which is always easy to do at the beach.

No comments: